Saturday, February 5, 2011

Milky Way Quilts by Carmen


Stitching outside the template. Pictures
I couldn't help myself. :P When I saw how much space was between the spirals on the new Circle Lord Milky Way template I thought, WOW! I can use the spirals as a spine and quilt feathers between them. This is a cool way to use the template. :cool:

The pattern is the Disappearing 9 Patch, Hobbs 80/20, YLI on top, Magna Glide on the bottom. This is the first time that I've quilted hooked feathers and I can sure use more practice, but it was fun to do.



I turned the quilt sideway to see how the quilting looked and think it looks really neat this way.

Military Quilt - Disappearing 9 Patch pictures

I've been quilting a lot of the guild's community quilts and we are starting to make more military tops so I got the new Circle Lord Milky Way template to use on them.

This quilt is made with the Disappearing 9 Patch pattern, 56" x 62", quilted with Hobbs 80/20, Rainbows RW&B on top, and Magna Glide in the bobbin.

I stitched the nested stars because I wanted to see how long it would take to do the full design. This quilt took about 2 hours which I thought was quick and the template was very easy to follow. Another super Circle Lord template. Great job, Michael!


I love the way the quilting looks and the swirls cascade when the quilt is turned sideways. It gives the quilting an entirely different look!